Stylish Targé enthusiasts, let's take a trip down memory lane: Remember when L.A.'s Rodarte took over shelves nearly a decade ago, #MissoniMania swept up shoppers in 2011, or when #PhillipLimforTarget sent fashion fanatics on a wild scavenger hunt for those wallet-friendly Pashli bags? (This writer most definitely does.) Well, you can relive the frenzy — or discover what the fuss was all about — when the mass retailer restocks its best-selling designer collaborations during its 20 Years of Design For All next month.
Set to drop at select stores and online Sunday, September 14, the Anniversary Collection will feature re-releases of nearly 300 items across fashion, accessories, home decor, and furnishings from 20 of Target's most people-pleasing collab partners over the last two decades. The list includes Michael Graves Design (1999 to 2013), Philippe Starck (2002), Isaac Mizrahi (2003 to 2009), Erin Fetherston (2007), Proenza Schouler (2007), John Derian (2008 and 2010), Thakoon (2008), Rodarte and Anna Sui (2009), Stephen Burrows (2010), Zac Posen (2010), Missoni (2011), Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Mini (2011 to 2012), Jason Wu (2012), 3.1 Phillip Lim (2013), Altuzarra (2014), Lilly Pulitzer (2015), Marimekko (2016), Hunter (2018).
Select items from each range will be on offer, including Lim's womenswear, menswear, and bags ($20 to $70); Rodarte's tulle slip dresses, lace camis, and skirts ($20 to $40); Missoni's server ware, towels, travel bags, womenswear, and accessories ($10 to $160); Posen's party-ready dresses ($60); Proenza Schouler's bomber jackets in red and navy ($30); Sui's Gossip Girl-inspired shift dresses and puffer vests ($30 to $60); Harajuku Mini's print-tastic clothing for babies and kids ($12 to $20); Fetherston's charming heart-shaped tote bags in red and white ($30); and much, much more.
Sizing will be available in XS to 3X for women, S to XXL for men, XS to XL for kids, and 0 to 3 months to 5T for infants and toddlers; plus sizes will only be at select locations.
Just like the original releases, shoppers will be limited in how much they can buy: Per Target, you'll be allowed to buy up to five items per size and color/style. However, you'll be able "Favorite" your top picks to your Target wishlist on the website and app ahead of time, making it easier to tap that "Add To Cart" button once midnight strikes on Sept. 14.
For your convenience, we've listed the Los Angeles stores that will stock the full collections as well as other L.A.-area Target outposts that will have limited offerings. See them below in approximately west to east order, then find out all of the details — including the exact items, pricing, original campaign imagery, the store locations, and what will be on offer at your local shop — over on Target's 20 Years of Design For All landing page here.
Los Angeles Target stores with entire Anniversary Collections:
- Westwood: 10861 Weyburn Ave., L.A., 90024-2957; (310) 893-2360
- Culver City: 10820 Jefferson Blvd., Culver City, 90230; (310) 839-5200
- Los Angeles: 3535 South La Cienega Blvd., L.A., 90016; (310) 895-113 (plus sizes available)
- West Hollywood (West Hollywood Gateway): 7100 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 201, West Hollywood, 90046; (323) 603-0004 (plus sizes available)
- L.A. Central (Figat7th in Downtown): 735 South Figueroa St., L.A., 90017; (213) 330-4543
- Pasadena: 777 East Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, 91101; (626) 584-1606
Los Angeles Target stores with (almost) everything:
The following stores will stock the Anniversary Collection excluding Proenza Schouler, Stephen Burrows, Erin Fetherston, and Zac Posen:
- North Hollywood: 11051 Victory Blvd., North Hollywood, 91606; (818) 761-3083
- Eagle Rock: 2626 Colorado Blvd., L.A., 90041 (323) 258-1355
- Glendale (Glendale Galleria): 2195 Glendale Galleria, Glendale, 91210; (818) 334-1400
- L.A. Beverly (Beverly Connection): 8480 Beverly Blvd., L.A., 90048; (323) 602-0637 (also exclude Stephen Sprouse)
Do you plan on shopping Target's 20th anniversary designer collections in Los Angeles? Let us know which items you're hoping to score and your favorite L.A. Target stores for shopping past collabs in the comments.